DASH 3 (8th grade) Students
– Meet on Sundays at either 3:45 – 5:30pm or 6:15 -8pm.
– Assuming there are enough students prior to August 15th, the NEW Thursday 4:15 – 6pm class will be an option.
– The session format offers some large group experiences and smaller group discussion.
– Their focus is on the meaning of faith and discipleship by:
- Diving deeper into tenants of the faith in the Nicene Creed
- Learning more about the Mass through the program “Altaration” from Ascension Press
- Relooking at the awesome gift of the Eucharist
- Discussing the Holy Spirit and how to live out the Gifts of the Holy Spirit
Sometimes a teen decides early they are not ready for Confirmation. That is okay!! But, continuing one’s faith formation is always important. So, whether you want Confirmation, aren’t certain yet, or know for sure it’s a “no” right, DASH 3 concepts are still excellent faith formation for their journey! Why? Because the aims for Confirmation preparation are aims for Catholic Discipleship! You can’t go wrong working on them.
Preparation for the Sacrament of Confirmation (CCC #1309) is aimed at: a person’s understanding of Church teaching, PRACTICE OF PRAYER (having a more intimate union with Christ and familiarity with the Holy Spirit) through SERVICE (part of a responsibility of Christian life) so that they have a strong foundation to know how to first LIVE and then defend their faith.
THUS here are the ADDITIONAL (required) COMPONENTS for DASH 3/Confirmation
• Starting after sponsor meeting, “talk time topics” with Sponsors (students will be given a portion of a topic page and sponsors will receive theirs via email)
• Prayer Experiences
Reflections usually due the first session of the month: 2019 November 3 and December 8.
2020 January 12, February 9, March 8 and April 17.
• 16 Discipleship hours (enacting the Works of Mercy or Catholic Social Teaching)
Discipleship Hour IDEAS
DASH 3 REFLECTION form for each new DiscRipleship Project
• Attendance at #iNfUSed Confirmation retreat in summer (August 1 or August 15, 2020)
• Final letter requesting Confirmation (format given towards the end of DASH 3)