DASH 3 (8th grade) Students
Meet on Sundays from 5:00-7:00 PM per their calendar dates.
The session format offers some large group experiences and smaller group discussion. It’s important that a teen not miss more than 2 DASH nights during their on-campus time. The depth and engagement of DASH happens when we are together as a group in person, through large group presentations, conversation, and small group time. Make-up content will be assigned for any absence. This work cannot cover what we did in person but will cover 2 hours of learning.
Their focus is on the meaning of faith and discipleship by:
Diving deeper into tenants of the faith in the Nicene Creed
Relooking at the awesome gift of the Eucharist
Learning more about our Catholic faith and Mass
Discussing the Holy Spirit and how to live out the Gifts of the Holy Spirit
As stated on the Confirmation page, Preparation for the Sacrament of Confirmation (CCC #1309) is aimed at: a person’s understanding of Church teaching, PRACTICE OF PRAYER (having a more intimate union with Christ and familiarity with the Holy Spirit) through SERVICE (part of a responsibility of Christian life) so that they have a strong foundation to know how to first LIVE and then defend their faith.
THUS here are the ADDITIONAL (required) COMPONENTS for DASH 3/Confirmation
- Confirmation Meeting with Sponsor & Parent:
attendance required meeting on: September 11, 2022 from 4:00-6:00 PM OR September 15 from 7:00-9:00 PM.
- Starting after sponsor meeting, “talk time topics” with Sponsors
(Sponsors will be given initial topics at the meeting, and future topics will be emailed to them. It is up to the sponsor to initiate this task to engage in deeper conversation.)
- Prayer Experiences (new term for your Faithboosters)
- Each month, October – April, you are asked to create the habit, or become stronger in prayer if you already have a prayer habit, by spending time in prayer – via new experiences – every day for at least 15minutes.**Prayer Experience options are given in the Prayer Material that will be posted in a student’s Google Classroom.
- These experiences are tried and true methods that teens (and adults) have used to discover their personal spirituality (best way to engage with God) and thus work on their prayer life and conversation with Jesus.
- You will start by choosing at least 5 different experiences (1 per month) and at times, you may be invited to redo your favorite experience.
At the beginning of each month, a Prayer Experience reflection will be posted in Google Classroom to complete for the prior month.
- Discipleship Project
- Students will choose a project (options found in Google Classroom Material) that helps them affirm others faithfully by living out Works of Mercy or a Catholic Social Teaching.
- OR, they are invited to either engage in learning about social justice/Catholic Social Teaching through choices they will be given.
- At the end of the year, a Discipleship Project Reflection form will be assigned via Google Classroom
- Saint Report
- Not sure how to choose? Check out purpose of Choosing a Saint name pag
- Want to see what you will be asked to write/research? Research Requirements
- Attendance at #iNfUSed Confirmation retreat
- Probable Final letter requesting Confirmation OR conversation with the Director about your faith journey