DASH 2 (7th grade) Students
– Meet on Sundays at either 4 – 5:30pm or 6:30 -8pm.
– Only if volunteers are present in advance of summer registration has a Monday 7:30 – 9pm class been an option
– Their focus is the New Testament for the 1st half of the year and continues with that and includes Cardinal Virtues and Moral Decision Making in the 2nd half of the year.
– Throughout each session Confirmation preparation remains a focus and is intertwined in the lessons, especially through two unique family projects/reflections.
– See below for other expected Confirmation components which are separate from the Sunday DASH session (Rite of Enrollment, Service hours and Faithboosters.)
EXTRA THINGS TO KNOW about requirements for this level:
- Student AND Parent attendance at one of the Confirmation Rite of Enrollments days
from 3:30 – 6pm on EITHER Jan 12, 2019 OR Jan 19, 2019.
An email will be sent to families with a sign-up link in December 2018.
- “All about Me?” parent/child project due in late Fall. Template given in the Fall.
- “Catholic Role Model” reflection (w/parent help) due in Spring Template given in the Spring.
- 12 Service hours If you are seeking ideas you can look below to the 8th grade Discipleship hours
D2 SERVICE LOG
- 3 Faithboosters (preferred from different experiences, one turned in February, March, and April.) This will be discussed at the Rite of Enrollment, but you can do throughout the year by reading this link and choosing from it.
DASH 2 FATHBOOSTERS ONLY