- Meet on Sundays at either 4 – 5:30pm or 6:30 -8pm.
- The session format offers some large group experiences and more small group discussion.
- Their focus is on the meaning of faith and discipleship by:
- Diving deeper into tenants of the faith in the Apostle’s Creed
- Learning more about the Mass through the program “Altaration” from Ascension Press
- Relooking at the awesome gift of the Eucharist
- Discussing the Holy Spirit and how to live out the Gifts of the Holy Spirit
Sometimes a teen decides early they are not ready for Confirmation. That is okay!! But, continuing one’s faith formation is always important. So, whether you want Confirmation, aren’t certain yet, or know for sure it’s a “no” right, DASH 3 concepts are still excellent faith formation for their journey! Why? Because the aims for Confirmation preparation are aims for Catholic Discipleship! You can’t go wrong working on them.
Preparation for the Sacrament of Confirmation (CCC #1309) is aimed at: a person’s understanding of Church teaching, PRACTICE OF PRAYER (having a more intimate union with Christ and familiarity with the Holy Spirit) through SERVICE (part of a responsibility of Christian life) so that they have a strong foundation to know how to first LIVE and then defend their faith.
THUS here are the ADDITIONAL (required) COMPONENTS for DASH 3/Confirmation
- SPONSOR connection: student & sponsor attendance at required meeting on:
October 24, 2018 meeting from 4 – 5:30pm
SPONSOR INFO CONTACT FORM & AFFIDAVIT FORM FOR SPONSORS
- Starting after sponsor meeting, “talk time topics” with Sponsors
- Prayer Project Options (new term for your Faithboosters)
DUE dates: Nov 11; Dec 9; 2019: Jan 13; Feb 10; March 17 & April 7.
- 16 Discipleship hours (enacting the Works of Mercy or Catholic Social Teaching)
- Personal faith Creed written and turned in
- Saint reflection (format given in the Spring)
- Attendance at #iNfUSed Confirmation retreat in summer (August 2019)
- Final letter requesting Confirmation (format given at the retreat in the summer)